2500KM by tractor for Charity
Start date: 1st May 2022 end 14th May 2022
On “Track – Tor” for charity
Pediatric care Africa is launching its second “On Track–Tor” 2500km tractor and trailer charity ride through 5 provinces.
Due to the dramatic increase in demand for our services as a result of the many people in Mpumalanga and the rest of South Africa that has lost their jobs due to Covid 19 lockdowns and the deteriorating economy in general, the demand for our services has increased by 600%. Our donation income has shrunk markedly since the beginning of the Covid pandemic, whilst the demand for our services sky rocketed.
Pediatric care Africa does not receive any financial assistance or grants from the South African Government and we have to fully generate our own income and funds.
We have an annual 7036km charity motorbike ride around South Africa every February to collect funds for children’s medical treatment, but that generates only a fraction of the funds required by us, to ensure we can help the defenceless children we promised to help.
The promise to help children that are sick, hungry and defenceless was made by Dr Andre Hattingh almost 30 years ago, during a period he spend as volunteer Doctor in Rwanda during the Genocide, and he is absolutely resolute to keep that promise to help our children, even if it means himself riding on a tractor for 2500km to be able to do so. Our children need help and it may be your child or your neighbour’s child in desperate need next.
We start at White River square in White River on Sunday 1st May 2022 at 09h00 and end at White River square in White River on Saturday the 14th May 2022 at about 13h00.
The purpose of this ride is threefold:
- To create awareness and collect funds for children in South Africa that requires medical treatment and baby food. We facilitated over 320 children last year to see a private medical Doctor or Specialist at an average cost of R1800-00 per visit for consultation, medicine and lab tests to us. We furthermore arrange surgeries for children, respond to disasters such as Cyclone Idai, Cyclone Eloise in Limpopo, the fires in the free state in Hertzogville and surrounding areas and the Covid 19 Pandemic, which we view as a natural disaster, and we supply Baby food to babies whose parents have lost their jobs due to covid, Parents who are poor or to babies who live in care centres. We have hand delivered 140 tons of food parcels to persons in food distress during the recent lockdowns.
- To create awareness of the 1014 children being killed in SA every year, 1184 children who are subjected to attempted murder every year, 24387 sexual offences was committed against children last year, 7815 children was assaulted with intend to do grievous bodily harm and 10829 cases of common assault was reported against children last year. 2019/2020 SAP statistics
- To draw International attention to farm murders, as farm murders in South Africa is a major problem that affects all of us and that must absolutely be stopped. Children of farmers are often very traumatized by these events. (We support TJ Marais and the 911 riders on their quest to reduce farm murders in South Africa)
We need to raise at least R250 000-00 to be able to let the children that requires urgent medical care receive the medical and surgical treatment they so desperately need and deserve.
We can not do this alone, and we ask your help to enable to help the children and people that rely on us for help.
How can you get involved: The children in our Communities need your help and plead for your assistance?
- Sponsor our Tractor rider Dr Andre Hattingh per kilometre he travels by tractor.
- Make a once of or a monthly donation to help us to help defenceless children.
- We call on all Farmer unions and organizations along our tractor route to support our efforts. We also welcome donations in the form of livestock such as sheep or cattle to us, that we can sell off.
- Donate baby food (All types).
- Donate baby milk (all types) as many mothers are not able to breastfeed their children due to medical reasons.
- Donate diesel for this “On Trac-tor” charity tractor ride.
- Become a volunteer with Pediatric care Africa.
- Hospitals and Doctors can assist us with pro bona treatment or surgery for children, as part of their CSR programs and initiatives.
Our intended route:
1st May 2022: White River/Nelspruit to Burgersfort via Sabie and Lydenburg
2nd May 2022: Burgersfort to Mokopane (Potgietersrus)
3rd May 2022: Potgietersrus (Mokopane) to Thabazimbi
4th May 2022: Thabazimbi to Koster
5th May 2022: Koster to Wolmaransstad
6th May 2022: Wolmaransstad to Boshof
7th May 2022: Boshof (Stay over x 2 nights)
8th May 2022: Boshof to Winburg
9th May 2022: Winburg to Clarens
10th May 2022: Clarens to Winterton
11th May 2022: Winterton to Vryheid via Colenso and Dundee
12th May 2022: Vryheid to Piet Retief
13th May 2022: Piet Retief to Badplaas
14th May 2022: Badplaas to White river via R33 & R38
We and the children we assist need the help of every single person reading this today, as this is a Community and Country wide problem and we as a community must stand together as one.
Please visit www.pediatriccareafrica.org for full information or please phone our office at 076 229 5663